How to Whitelist an Email
So, what exactly does it mean to whitelist an email? Well, it's like giving a VIP pass to certain emails so they can bypass all the security checkpoints and land straight in your inbox.
Picture this: you have that awesome friend who always sends you hilarious cat videos or useful tips. You want to make sure their emails never get lost in the dreaded spam folder, right? That's where whitelisting comes to the rescue! By whitelisting an email address, you're telling your email provider, “Hey, this sender is legit, and I want their messages front and center.”
Now, you might wonder why whitelisting matters in the first place. Well, the thing is, email providers have pretty strict filters to catch spam and other sneaky messages that could harm you or your computer. They want to keep you safe from phishing attempts, viruses, and all sorts of cyber-nasties. But sometimes, these filters can be a bit overzealous and flag legitimate emails as suspicious.
That's where whitelisting comes in and why we ask you to whitelist OUR emails. By adding an email address to your whitelist, you're essentially saying, “Hey, I trust this sender. Let their emails through, no questions asked.” It ensures that those important messages, like job offers, important announcements, or even sweet messages from your grandma, never end up in the wrong place.
Whitelisting also gives you more control over your inbox. You get to decide whose emails you want to prioritize and receive without any hassle. It's like creating your very own guest list for the inbox party! So if you aren't sure exactly HOW to whitelist our emails here are some instructions.
How to Whitelist an Email in Gmail
- Click the settings button (in the top-right corner of the screen), then select “Settings” from the resulting drop-down menu.
- Navigate to the tab labeled Filtered and Blocked Addresses to access information about your existing filters.
- Select Create a new filter and enter @thesmallbusinessmom.com as a domain you want to whitelist. This will ensure any emails from us will get to your inbox.
4. Click Create filter to approve the new filter, then mark Never send to Spam to whitelist every email within the filter. You can also choose to Star these emails, apply a given label, or mark them as important.
Whitlisting in Gmail mobile app
- Open the Gmail application.
- Navigate to Spam or Junk folder.
- Click on the message you wish to view.
- Select the option Report not spam.
- You will now receive messages from this sender as normal.
Whitelisting in Outlook
In outlook you won't be setting up a filter like in Gmail, instead you are going to create what are called safe senders.
1. Click on Settings, then View all Outlook settings.
- Go to Junk email, then choose Safe senders and domains or Safe mailing lists to select the domain or email you want to whitelist.
- Enter @thesmallbusinessmom.com to add to Safe senders.
Whitelisting in Yahoo Mail
Whitelisting our emails in Yahoo mail is easy. If our emails ended up in your bulk or junk folder all you have to do is highlight that message in the Bulk folder and mark it as Not Spam. Once you have identified a single message from us, the Yahoo Mail spam filters will automatically allow future messages from the same address into your inbox.