Breaking Through The Barriers
How To Become A “Big Deal” In Business
Are you looking to take your business to the next step, but you aren’t sure where to begin?
Like many other entrepreneurs, we seemingly get stuck in the ordinary and fall short of the extraordinary. So, how to we actually level up our business and become a “big deal”?
First things first, you need to believe in yourself. There’s nothing more detrimental than self-doubt. It will crush your business before you even launch your website. So, learning to have positive self-talk and confidence in what you’re doing will allow you the opportunity to continue through these next steps and empower you to become an expert in your industry.
Yes, you heard right … an expert.
In order to create your success (that’s right, it’s not just going to be handed to you!), there are a few things you need to work through:
- You need to zero in on your niche. We know, it’s super cliché but it really does come down to knowing what your focus is on. It’s where your maximum efforts need to be in order to move your business ahead. Dabbling in a few different things to see “what works” won’t get you the success you’re likely looking for.
If you need some extra guidance on figuring out your one thing, we highly recommend the book “The One Thing” by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan. They’re experts at really narrowing down literally the one thing you need to focus on in order to achieve your dreams.
- Once you’ve decided on your focus, you need to decide who your target audience is. This can be super tricky as it’s possible that it can relate to varying groups of people, which is great, but by deciding your audience you can target your marketing efforts more effectively. By knowing your audience and exactly what they look like, who they represent, where they live, what they love and don’t love, we can move onto the next thing …
- Put yourself out there! We mean #AllThingsNetworking! As scary as it can be, it will get you in front of those who can be influential to your success and create some amazing connections. The nice part is, is that now there are so many options for online networking and events that it can expand your reach far beyond your geographical borders! By meeting new people and forming those genuine connections, you’ll also be able to further refine who your target audience is, as it may shift depending on the experiences you have with different people you meet along the way. There’s nothing wrong or bad with adjusting any of these points to redefine who and what your business is; it just means you’re experiencing new things and learning from them!
- Connect with those who are ahead of you. Those who are further along in their careers (but in the same industry, or similar enough!) might be willing to mentor you and/or at the very least have a virtual chat to share their experiences so that you can learn from their journey. We would strongly suggest not making an exact copy of their journey or their business — that’s just bad business — but there’s no harm in implementing a few “Aha!” moments into your business. Remember, there’s enough room out there for all of us to elevate ourselves and our business — you just need the courage to speak up and own your spot!
- Lastly, create a brand that really helps you stand out and has a genuine feel. By believing in yourself and what you’re providing to others, you can build a reputation for going above and beyond what’s asked for you simply by continuing to learn and grow. Many entrepreneurs get stuck in the “I know how to do everything” mentality and will get left behind very quickly. So, continue to be curious and have a genuine interest in the services or products you’re offering, and always provide the most efficient and relevant options to your clients.
While it might seem that everyone and their dog (or cat) have created an online business in recent years, it seems as though there’s more than enough space for us all. The suggestions we’ve provided to level up your business are seemingly easy enough, and yet, many won’t take these steps to grow to achieve the success they’ve always dreamed of.
So, what’s holding you back from becoming a “big deal”?
If you found today’s mom inspired blog post to be exactly the type of inspiration and know-how you were looking for, we would be very grateful if you would help this post spread by sharing the ❤️ with it socially, emailing it to a friend or dropping us a comment with your thoughts. You never know whose life you might change.
We get it, you’re a mom first! But your dream of becoming an entrepreneur is not going away … It wasn’t until recently when people began coming to you with questions or asking you for help that you started to seriously think about starting your own business. You want to start a business, but you worry if you have enough time to balance being an entrepreneur with being a mom. You have a burning desire to build your own empire, but you also have responsibilities.
Well … we completely understand and been there done that. It’s time to take the leap of faith and bet on yourself, beyond life as a mom. Because we don’t want you to do, is one day look back … and wished you’d done things differently. #Balance!
Our site will be a resource-filled space for all moms who have ever wanted to start their own small business working from home OR for any mom who already HAS a business but is struggling to grow. So, begin pursuing your passion(s) and become your own boss today by popping on over to https://thesmallbusinessmom.com/ to get started!