Getting Started With A Side-Gig - Flexible Work From Home Jobs
One of the most amazing aspects of the time we’re in right now is this: almost everyone has a side hustle. It’s now the way of the digital world in which we live. And quite honestly, we’re loving it!
And if they don’t … chances are they want one.
If you fall into that second category of “wanting one”, in that you’ve been dreaming of having a creative outlet or perhaps you’re looking for some extra income, there are PLENTLY of opportunities out there for you! Remote work used to be something that was unfamiliar to many (especially up in Canada) and it seemed overly complicated to find and secure a side hustle. Fast-forward a few years and alongside a pandemic and you’d have to search far and wide for someone who isn’t now familiar with remote work. Or even adding multiple side hustles to compensate for the cost of living that seemed to have skyrocketed overnight with no light at the end of the tunnel anytime soon (unfortunately).
So, before you start adding #AllTheRemoteJobs to your list, it’s important to remember that a side hustle is just that — it’s not your main focus (and not necessarily your main source of income, although, it could be!). If you start searching for “remote work” or “remote jobs”, you’ll likely be overwhelmed with anything and everything from part-time to full-time jobs, which truthfully aren’t ideal for side gigs.
With that, here are 13 side jobs that can be done on YOUR time and from your own home:
- CONTENT CREATOR: many businesses owners pay money for someone to write their content for them. A strong word of caution, though, is that you need to ENJOY writing content, or it’ll come through in your work or you will dread doing this in no time.
- SOCIAL MEDIA SCHEDULER: using a scheduling system, plot the content in and schedule it for the appropriate times.
- EMAIL MANAGER: if you enjoy organization and work that doesn’t involve any interaction with others, managing someone’s inbox is a great place to be. You’ll need access to it and learn their filing system, but they’ll appreciate always having an inbox that is up to date!
- CALENDAR MANAGER: just like email management, you’d be in charge of keeping their schedule on track and ensuring that there are no conflicts. It requires checking in often and watching for changes, but they’ll appreciate never being late or missing an appointment.
- DATA ENTRY CLERK: as many people and businesses are moving all document storage online, this is a great way to earn some extra income. It takes time, and a strong attention to detail, but is very rewarding and they’ll likely think of you for future e-organization tasks!
- VIRTUAL ASSISTANT: this job can be done on a variety of levels from a few hours per week to it becoming your only income source, and the best part is that you can decide which services you want to offer.
- BLOG WRITER / GHOSTWRITER: If you enjoy writing and are good at it, being a blog writer (or ghostwriter) for other businesses will help boost their visibility and customer engagement and is a service that many companies outsource.
- BOOKKEEPER: there are always opportunities for those who are good at bookkeeping, as it’s one of the things most entrepreneurs toss to the wayside and dread at tax time.
- TRANSCRIPTIONIST: whether for podcasts, agencies, or another media outlet, transcription is a great way to earn extra income from home.
Now in the realms beyond doing work for someone else, you could also consider …
- CREATING A COURSE to teach people how to do something that you do well is a great way to extend your knowledge and earn an income. There’s no limit as to how many courses you can create, and they’ll continue bringing in income without any additional work!
- If you’re creative and truly know what you’re doing, consider offering GRAPHIC DESIGN services. This offering typically pairs well with content creation and/or virtual assisting, so it could be bundled into a package that you offer as a whole (which also increases the value you’re able to charge).
- CREATING A DIGITAL PRODUCT that you can sell on Etsy or a similar platform.
- CREATING A TANGIBLE PRODUCT that you can sell on Etsy or a similar platform.
As you can see, there truly is no shortage of possible side hustles, especially those that you want to do on your own time and maybe even in your pajamas. The offerings we listed above only begin to skim the surface but will hopefully spark a few lightbulbs and set your momentum in motion. We personally love having so many virtual side hustle options so that we’re never “stuck” in a mundane routine that will destroy our productivity, habits, and creativity. We make sure to dabble in a handful of these suggestions listed above so that we’re always on our A game.
Looking for a few hubs to start with?
Check out these places or search spaces as some starter ground …
If you found today’s mom inspired blog post to be exactly the type of inspiration and know-how you were looking for, we would be very grateful if you would help this post spread by sharing the ❤️ with it socially, emailing it to a friend or dropping us a comment with your thoughts. You never know whose life you might change.
We get it, you’re a mom first! But your dream of becoming an entrepreneur is not going away … It wasn’t until recently when people began coming to you with questions or asking you for help that you started to seriously think about starting your own business. You want to start a business, but you worry if you have enough time to balance being an entrepreneur with being a mom. You have a burning desire to build your own empire, but you also have responsibilities.
Well … we completely understand and been there done that. It’s time to take the leap of faith and bet on yourself, beyond life as a mom. Because we don’t want you to do, is one day look back … and wished you’d done things differently. #Balance!
Our site will be a resource-filled space for all moms who have ever wanted to start their own small business working from home OR for any mom who already HAS a business but is struggling to grow. So, begin pursuing your passion(s) and become your own boss today by popping on over to https://thesmallbusinessmom.com/ to get started!